Friday, July 21, 2017

Italy off the beaten track...

Recent pet portrait I gifted to Nancy Medina., image by Carlos Medina
 I am back from a wonderful three week trip to Europe with my hubby. We had a fabulous time exploring Amsterdam, plus Florence, Saint'Angelo in Vado & Bologna, Italy. It's great to be home but my goodness I miss the foods & beauty of Italy! Amsterdam was a blast as well.  I saw so much amazing art along the way.

It all started because I wanted to take a class in Italy with artist Nancy Medina.  I had watched her postings when she did this trip last summer and it looked like a blast. It was.  Organized by Piero Pagliardini and Katherine Cohen of Italiana tours (click this to see details of Nancy's 2018 workshop during TRUFFLE season) - the entire week was amazing. It was truly a case of #deathbyitalianfood - the worst meal we had was wonderful.  Once our group arrive in Bologna we were whisked off to LeMarche and Saint'Angelo in Vado - a truly under appreciated region of Italy.  We had a terrific schedule of painting classes, activities and trips to wonderful spots in the region. If you'd like to explore a truly unique Italy, contact Itlaiana tours!

Sigh.  Where to next?

We were drunk on Sunflowers!

Vista at Terra Cruda Winery

Even the tiny grocery was fodder for a painting!

Nancy Medina (Carlos in the background)

Fresh Figs & Proscutto

My new favorite pasta: Tagliatelle!
I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!