Friday, January 03, 2014

2 & 3 of 30!

Grumpy Cardinal, 6x6" watercolor
2 of 30

Today I am playing catch up.  Yesterday I spent my time hanging out with our daughter on her last day of winter break. Today we took her to the airport and I am happy to report she arrived safely in Savannah, GA, to start her winter quarter at Savannah College of Art & Design. (SCAD) I was sad to see her go this time.  And very happy to have my "empty nest" back. We are all ready to get back into a regular routine again after the holidays.  I am still working at home due to the weather so am creating watercolors.  This is my first bird painting!

Bella,10x8, oil on panel
3 of 30
Bella is an oil that I created to have in reserve as a "catch up" painting.  She is a Yorkie/Maltese cross and her owner says I managed to capture her.  I really enjoy pet portraits because no dog says, "Can you make me look thinner?"

We are anticipating some bad weather tomorrow and very cold weather in the upcoming week.  I anticipate more watercolors in my future!

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!