Monday, October 13, 2014

Carmello

Carmello, 8x8" oil on panel
private commission


Recently I created a pet potrait for a friend of mine. It was meant to be part of the '30 paintings in 30 days" challenge. Go figure, life goes on and I keep painting even when not directly inspired by a challenge. Carmello is a dauschund poodle mix & is love itself. He is my doggie's friend & Bubba don't like anybody!

Carmello simply runs his corner of our subdivision. On the weekends we have "small dog conferences" where those of us with small dogs tend to meet and chat during mid day walks. I will really miss this once winter sets in.

I use my IPad for my photo reference

sketch his face onto the board

transparent underpainting


Opaque colors go over the transparents


I may tweak it a little more, but his spirit is captured.

I do love painting dogs.  Especially fluffy dogs!  If you would like to commission a holiday gift for someone, please contact me (info@marioncorbinmayer.com) for details.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!