Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Here we go again - the September Painting Challenge

Sweet Peas & Sea View
6x9", Acrylic on Paper
1 of 30

The goal is "30 Paintings in 30 Days" I already know this will be particularly difficult because of our travel schedule this month but what the heck?  The ultimate goal is to paint more.  Try new things. This month I am experimenting with acrylic painting rather than oil AND I anticipate working in oils, watercolors and pastels as the mood strikes. I know watercolors are way more manageable while on the road.  The last week of September will feature a plein air workshop with Lori Putnam so I anticipate some really new work then.

I did not take "process" shots this time. I was having too much fun playing with paint. This image is from our trip to the Pacific North West in July.
We started in Seattle then took a 7 day cruise to Alaska and finished with a bit of exploration of the Olympic Penninsula.  Stay tuned for more paintings! I love the big trees and wonderful light of the PNW. Years ago we thought we would move there to join some friends but alas that never happened.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!