Monday, January 04, 2016

4 of 30 "Koda Jean"

Koda Jean, 6x6" Oil on Panel
4 of 30
I learned a valuable lesson with this painting. 6x6" is just too darn small! I thought I would never get those eyes right! Koda's light buff coloring was a challenge as well.  Face it, painting is a freakin challenge!

Today was an exercise in procrastination. I got to my studio at 9:30 am & didn't start painting until after two.  Wasn't really doing much of anything, just reading and futzing around.  I even went home for lunch! If I wasn't participating in this challenge I may not have painted at all.  I am grateful I finally settled down with my paints and got busy.

I am enjoying my new "Lori Putnam" set of Rosemary Brushes (click to see)  They really are different. More flexible. Of course, using a larger surface would also help...

Stay tuned for more paintings. If you are interested in commissioning a pet portrait, see http://marioncorbinmayer.weebly.com/pet-portrait-commissions.html for details.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!