Friday, January 01, 2016

1 of 30, And so it begins again...

Technicolor Puppy, 8x8" oil on panel, SOLD!

Ah the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge. I got a jump start yesterday so I am taking it easy today & taking down the holiday decorations. We finally have some sun after a week of rain & gloom.  So nice to start 2016 with a beautiful day.

I have had this painting drawn out on a panel for over six months.  This seemed the perfect time to dash it out. Polly is a black and white tiny dog with a BIG personality, so jazzing up the color palette seemed logical.  She's really not pthalo blue or purple, but just black is so 2015...

Source image

Transparent underpainting

Starting the opaque layers

Ta Dah!
I will probably adjust the eyes a bit more.  I've been told they are a darker shade of brown.  Her family loves the painting, so that means it must be done!

I also used my time in the studio to defrost the freezer. It had accumulated two years of ice.  It took quite a while to make a dent in the ice berg, but it's transformed now. I mostly use it to store my oil paints between sessions.  It really helps keep the paint soft and usable.  I hate to throw away my paint piles!

I was blessed with commissions for Christmas and really enjoyed creating these paintings:

Buddies

Mackey

Jody

Sail Away!

Max & Petie
Stay tuned for more paintings. If you are interested in commissioning a pet portrait, see http://marioncorbinmayer.weebly.com/pet-portrait-commissions.html for details.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!