Wednesday, January 06, 2016

5 of 30 - Cujo, 6x6", Oil on Panel

Cujo, 6x6" oil on panel
5 of 30
My goodness, Pomeranians are fluffy! Cujo is part of the family of Koda, so I co-ordinated the background. Since these are gifts to sisters I kept the size consistant. Yes, I had a struggle to get those eyes right. On a 6x6 the eyes are tiny!

Cujo as a youngster

How I cropped it for the painting

here's the painting in the panel holder

My painting space. I use a glass palette for mixing and a stay-wet palette container to keep my paints fresh in the freezer.
I am blessed to share a 1400 sq ft studio (25x40 ft) with a friend. My painting area is approximately 15x15'.  We have an area to teach classes & a gallery area. We are in an old sewing factory that has been subdivided into 100 or so studios. Its a great spot to be creative!

Stay tuned for more paintings. If you are interested in commissioning a pet portrait, see http://marioncorbinmayer.weebly.com/pet-portrait-commissions.html for details.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!