Sunday, January 03, 2016

3 of 30 - Back to Oils - Ginny's View

Ginny's View, 8x8 Oil on Panel
3 of 30
Today I was inspired by an image sent to me by my friend, Ginny Roush McKinney.  Ginny lives in a 30 ft. RV along the Ohio River (unless she's on the road.)  Her blog posts can be found at www.facebook.com/marshmallowranch where she shares her journey.  She started out blogging about her jewelry business but content shifted dramatically when her husband (Mr. Virgo) died suddenly.  Now she blog about dealing with the process of living into widowhood and beyond.

Ginny & I went to Parkersburg High School (class of '71) We are looking towards a 45th reunion in 2016.  Both of us are grateful to be alive and reasonably well, as so many of our classmates have left this earth already.

Anyway, when I sent out my call for submission on Facebook, Ginny responded with this image.


Transparent underpainting

Opaque layering


I am using a panel holder create by Leslie Saeta. It works like a charm to keep small panels steady.

Stay tuned for more paintings. If you are interested in commissioning a pet portrait, see http://marioncorbinmayer.weebly.com/pet-portrait-commissions.html for details.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!