Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Trying to catch up!

Spartina Grass, 6x12", Oil on Panel
5 of 30
I guess it's apparent I've fallen behind on my 30 in 30 commitment, but I am still having fun & slinging paint around.  I have let life get in the way (again). My dog's health is failing. He was adopted 10+ years ago and they said he was 2 at the time, but who really knows how old he is. Over the weekend he was very puny. Congestive heart failure, heart murmer, fluid in the lungs. I was really expecting to have to put him down yesterday but the vet increased his heart meds and he has bounced back from the brink. So glad I did not take him to the emergency vet on Sunday...

This painting is based on an image of Little Tybee Island in Georgia.  I love the waving Spartina Grass in the marsh.  Many thanks to @sundialcharters for posting the image on Facebook!  They offer fabulous personalized nature-themed cruises of #LittleTybeeIsland. If you are in the #Savannah area, give them a call!


my painting set up. 
 I hook my ipad mini up to a larger monitor when working with digital images. It makes the colors so much brighter!

Transparent underpainting
 I use a panel holder created by Leslie Saeta. I imagine she's way too busy to make them any more.

Adding opaque layers
Final version.
It was great to be back in the studio painting, especially since the AC unit is brand new & working nicely.  I am grateful that the weather has cooled off in Cincinnati this week as well.  Now if only my dog would magically be 8 years younger...

Bubba aka Party Dog
I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!