Wednesday, September 04, 2013

3 of 30!

Playing catch up today. According to Leslie we have 48 hrs to post our paintings to her blog so I can go to her "Day 3" and add this image:

Sunny Daze, 5x7", oil on panel
I am fascinated by sunflowers and working to get their impression into a painting. This year I had several "volunteers" show up in my front garden since I had a sunflower feeder up all winter.  Very small compared to the giant varieties I see at the farmers market...

Once again I started with a transparent underpainting:


This shot shows my Ipad set up next to my easel.





I used a combination of brush and palette knife for this painting. I like using both thin and thick paint, then scratching into it.  I declare that 2013 is the year I loosen up in my painting style. I have spent too many years wedded to reality while I see other artists having a heck of a lot more fun!  I vow to USE my art supplies and stop hoarding them.  These 30 in 30 challenges are really good for that goal!

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!