Monday, September 02, 2013

September is another 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge Month!

September 1, 2013

Here I go again joining Leslie Saeta's (www.saetastudio.com) painting challenge!  This month should be really interesting because we are traveling, taking our daughter back to college. I will take some basic art supplies on the road and do my best to produce something each day.  Last January this challenge really got my juices flowing and helped me cope with my January blues.  Perhaps this months challenge will help me ease back into my "empty nest"...

Vermont Sky, 8x10 pastel on paper
My first painting is based on an image I captured with my ipad as we were crawling through road construction in Vermont in early August. It was fun to capture the clouds, even through the windshield of our car.  You never know what will show up when you do this.  The camera in an ipad is surprisingly good.  I enjoy using mine to paint as well.  I invested in a simple case that hooks onto my tripod.  It's far more effective than printing an image out to use for reference.


I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!