Friday, September 06, 2013

5 of 30!

Windy Day, 7x5, acrylic on paper


Onwards toward 30 in 30. I will have to play catch up over the weekend and post several on Monday.  The important thing is to just keep painting (like Dori in Finding Nemo says.  Oh wait, that was swimming...)

Yesterday I was finally able to see "Eternal Summer" at the Cincinnati Art Museum (www.cincinnatiartmuseum.org) featuring the art of
Edward Henry Potthast(1857-1927)  This native Cincinnati artist was to beach scenes as Monet is to water lilies. Amazing use of high key colors to indicate bright sunlight.  They had even digitized his sketchbooks so you could scroll through them via a computer screen.  I found this very inspirational.  I am very hard on myself for NOT sketching often and it was great to see all the incomplete sketches in his books.  As a point of interest the museum displayed bathing costumes of the time period.  Can you imagine going into the ocean in a wool bathing suit?  I was so inspired by this show I bought the exhibition catalog for future reference.  I plan additional beach scenes for this 30 in 30 challenge!

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!