Monday, September 09, 2013

6 & 7 of 30

Breezy Morning, 5x7", Watercolor (6 of 30)

Container Ship, 5x7", Watercolor (7 of 30)
We are on Tybee Island, near Savannah, GA.  This is one of my favorite places on earth.  Our daughter moves back into student housing on Friday to continue her studies at Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD).  Last year we began this tradition - taking a few days on the beach as a family before moving her into her apartment and heading back to Cincinnati.  Savannah is a very busy port so container ships pass by the beach where we are quite often.  I am having fun experimenting with painting loosely with watercolors...

Since we have been on the road since Saturday I am a bit behind in the "official" 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge.  I intend to keep plugging away. Since the car was filled with our daughter's back to school stuff I only brought watercolors on this trip. I plan to get back to oils next week and will hopefully get my numbers up.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

2 comments:

  1. Both of these are really lovely. I only wish I could get my watercolors to look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, it sounds trivial but relaxing & having fun seems to be helpful. When I forget this it gets stiff. I learned a lot from Robert Burridge. www.burridgestudio.com and Dreama Tolle Perry

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!