Wednesday, January 01, 2014

30 in 30 challenge again!

"Sunny Face", 6x6 watercolor
1 of 30
Here we go again!  Leslie Saeta has put forth the 30 in 30 challenge for January and I have to say that I was conflicted as today went on & on. I spent the afternoon clearing out a huge closet in my studio with a friend and did not get my oils going.  So, honoring this commitment I went to my drawing table after dinner and got out my watercolors.  I can't use oils at home due to my cat since he gets up onto any surface he wants to check out.  Oil paint paw prints are not a good thing...

I am really enjoying watercolors because they are so juicy. I will be doing more pet portraits in oil.  A friend suggested that I "travel" during this challenge and revisit vacation images. This sounds like fun so perhaps I will revisit Paris, Giverny, the beach and New Mexico this month.  It is about to get really cold and nasty here in Cincinnati so I will NEED a break for traveling in my art.

Stay tuned!

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!