Monday, January 06, 2014

5 of 30

Cottonwoods, 5x7" Watercolor
5 of 30
Ooops, painting two today, stay tuned for #6...

Today I chose a photo reference from our trip to New Mexico last October.  Far better to dream of the cottonwoods at Embudo Station, NM, by the Rio Grand than face the 3 degree temperature outside at the moment. I do pan to walk the dog in a bit but keep putting it off.  It looks so quiet outside at the moment but the wind chill is expected to be below zero soon.  My mind just can't wrap itself around this weather at all.

I love the cottonwoods and the aspens each fall. Such a brilliant display of cad yellow everywhere against that torquoise sky...

Ohio just can't compete (IMHO).

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!