Wednesday, September 24, 2014

14 & 15 of 30


Twin Lakes #1, 6x8", oil on panel

Twin Lakes #2, 10x8" oil on panel

!Last Weekend I was blessed to be able to atten a Plein Air painting workshop with Mary Pettis (www.marypettis.com) through the Ciincinnati Art Club. We had wondeful weather! On Saturday we painted in a nearby park.  This bridge was a favorite spot for wedding pictures so there was a parade of beautiful people all afternoon. It was fun to watch them dodge the duck & goose poop!
Painting plein air has a multitude of challenges. This day it was the breeze and dodging stink bugs



My set up, featuring a Coulter easel and a Shade Buddy umbrella

Mr. Stink Bug (cast of thousands...)

In progress.
I do enjoy painting plein air, even if I cannot paint standing up any more. My feet just can't cope with the effects of standing to paint. Greg Storer (www.art-classes-cincinnati.com/greg_storer_bio_teacher.html) once said, "Painting in your studio is like shooting hoops in your driveway. Painting plein air is like being in the game!"  Well last weekend I suited up and threw some paint around!

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!