Monday, September 29, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge ponderings

5 O'Clock Somewhere, 6x6" Oil on Panel
$100 unframed
As Jimmy Buffet says "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!  I decided to play with a palette knife on this one.

I have completed between 15 & 20 paintings this month. Pretty good, I'm thinking. I stopped painting because this coming weekend is the Essex Studios Art Walk & I need to frame these paintings to get them ready for the event. Out of time,

It has been fun to keep plugging away, even after I got a bit behind. What matters is showing up to the easel each day.  No matter what my mood might be.

Harvest, 12x36", Oil on Canvas
$345
This one was fun. I started it sevral years ago then resurrected it over the weekend. I had lost the reference material so it was simply playing around with paint. I combined palette knife on the pumpkins with brushwork in the back ground.

Note the purple underpainting!




This was a whole lotta fun.  Hmm, probably there's a lesson there...

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!