Tuesday, September 08, 2015

3 for the Road - 6 of 30

3 for the Road, 8x8 pastel on Wallis paper
6 of 30
I am keeping up with painting but lagging on posting the images. This piece came from my discovery of a 9x12" piece of white Wallis sanded paper in my flat file.  I had purchased a case of pears at Costco and wanted to capture the blush before they became overly ripened.  I set them on a piece of glass to capture the reflection as well.  My goal was to explore my new box of Terry Ludwig pastels  & paint loose and juicy color.



Underpainting with opposite colors

My set up - Terry Ludwigs in front, Heilman box on the right.



I will probably develop the dark background a bit more but I am happy with this.  Framing pastels is a bit more complicated than oils but I do love the immediacy of the colors.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!