Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Sea View - 7 of 30

Sea View, 10x10" Pastel on acrylic under painting
7 of 30
 I chose to enliven an existing acrylic painting for this day's work.  I had done this earlier on gessoed arches watercolor paper and was not happy with the results. It seemed flat & dead, not the effect I was going for.  Once again, dipping into my pastel collection I set to work.


The broad strokes of toned gesso provided enough texture for the pastels to stick to the paper nicely. I do plan to add a spray or two of Sennelier fixative before framing this.  I am thinking about the beach especially this week because in years past we went to Tybee Island, Georgia, for several days before dropping our daughter off for another year at Savannah College of Art & Design. (SCAD) Alas, she graduated last May.  Actually, YAHOO! No more trips to Target to set up her apartment...


I am really pleased with how adding pastels jazzed this on up!

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!