Saturday, September 05, 2015

Bartlett - 4 of 30


Bartlett, 3x5", acrylic on gesso board
5 of 30
I had a lot of fun with this one since I found a big box of pears at Costco for inspiration.  I took some other reference images for future paintings, then ate one!  If you look around your local art supply store you will probably see these 3x5" samples of Ampersand Gesso Board.  I really like to paint on this surface in oils and found that it worked equally well for acrylics.  I had smooshed left over paint on the surface earlier this week, then added the pear. It was interesting to play around with layering colors using Golden glazing medium. I learned my set up for acrylics from Robert Burridge. I cover the surface of the table with heavy duty plastic sheeting, then squeeze out the paints right onto the plastic.  It's way more chaotic than how I paint with oils, enabling me to loosen up more easily. I highly recommend his workshops, especially when the supplies are included...

Here's a peek at my set up.  I have my tubes of acrylic paint separated into ziplock bags by color family.  It helps manage the happy chaos.  The fluid acrylics are grouped together in a box.

Model with painting...

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!