Saturday, September 05, 2015

French Fields - 5 of 30

French Fields, Acrylic on paper
Whew! Caught up with this post. It's not enough to paint every day, I also want to photograph the painting and get it posted here and on the 30/30 site. It's fun to see all the other paintings being created. Some folks are creating big paintings each day. I tend to work small, although I do plan a couple of 12x12's before this challenge ends.

The inspiration for this painting was born in the fields of southern France. Last summer I was blessed to be able to spend a week at www.hautbaran.com, painting with Bill Farnsworth.  It was a dream come true to wander around the Quercy region of France & have time to take lots of images as well as paint.  I know I will go back to those shots again & again.  There is something hypnotic about the poppies in the fields of France, followed closely by sunflowers & lavender...

Being able to travel with my husband at this time in our lives is a huge blessing.  Our health is holding steady & we have the luxury of having the time to go. I do not take it for granted.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!