Thursday, September 11, 2014

10 of 30

Broken Shell, 6x8" Watercolor
10 of 30
Still playing catch up but have decided not to worry about it. I have already surpassed last September's attempt and feel confident that this year I will rise to the occasion.  Today is our last full day on Tybee Island. Tomorrow will be all about moving our daughter into her SCAD apartment then heading homewards.  Thankfully we have movers scheduled to do the heavy, sweaty stuff.

Jamie had to return one of the shells she found yesterday because it was occupied by a hermit crab.  We had suspected it might be but every time we looked into the bowl the shell was  quiet. Then I put a bit of bread into the bowl and boy howdie! There was a BIG hermit crab in there! It is now floating away on the tide...

I was inspired to paint another shell she found. It was a pretty torn up old shell but I put a glamour on it...








The Sand Gnats (or no-see-ums) have been pretty fierce this year. I have several very itchy bites on my arms & legs from sitting outside painting.  Grateful to NOT be full out plein air painting. I hate to wear bug spray but really should be wearling it. Oh well...

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!