Tuesday, September 02, 2014

2 of 30!

Haut Baran Hydrangias, 5x7" Watercolor
2 of 30
So far, so good.  Today was a busy day so I decided to complete a sketch I had started in France. I have a totally cool watercolor sketchbook with handmade paper. As we travel this month I will be doing more watercolor journaling for the 30 in 30 challenge...

I drew this at 7 am on our second morning at Haut Baran.  Then coffee was served and our busy day began, leaving no time to get the watercolors out.  It was a lovely dilemma.  So much wanted to be painted everywhere I looked! (I will be painting this scene several times.)

Here is the oil painting that I did later that day in my plein air workshop with Bill Farnsworth:

Hydrangias, 6x8", oil on panel
There were so many cool HUGE pots in France.  Too bad shipping was prohibitive. I had to leave them there but took lots of pictures...

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!