Wednesday, September 03, 2014

3 of 30!

Bliss Kitty "Max", 8x10, oil on panel
This image has a bit of a glare on it because it was very wet when I took the shot.  I have requested my facebook friends send me images of their very cute pets to inspire me duing this challenge.  I have in mind to create at least 12 pet portraits so that I can use them for my 2015 calendar project.  This challenge is helping me get ready for the Holidays.

I love the foreshortening of the paws in this image. Max does indeed look blissed out.

Here are the steps of my process:

Sketch

I like to grid out the image to get a quick start on the project.




Block in the underpainting.  The colors may or may not relate to the final image. The idea is to kill the white panel as quickly as possible with transparent paint. Then I work in  the image with opaque colors, more like the actual image.



Tabby cats are tricky because they actually have many colors in their coat. Max was quite the challenge.  I am happy to know that his owners are excited by the painting...

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!