Saturday, September 06, 2014

6 of 30


Seabirds, 5x7", Watercolor
Tonight we are in Kinston, NC.  We took this side trip in order to visit "Chef & the Farmer" restaurant and it was well worth the time and distance. We had a lovely dinner.  I started this watercolor before we left and finished it once we came home. Of course the finish was influenced by my sugar coma from the Tres Leches cake...

I am really loving this watercolor journal. The rough paper really has its own personality.  Today I blocked in the water, then added the birds instead of painting around them like I did yesterday.




Tomorrow we are off to Tybee Island, GA, for some serious R & R out of the car.  Unfortunately the forcast is for rain each day, but rain at the beach is way better than rain at home, right? We have a great covered porch at the condo we rented, so I plan to be out there every day painting...

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!