Wednesday, September 10, 2014

9 of 30

Tybee Sunrise, 8x6" Watercolor
9 of 30

I got up early this morning and was out on the beach as the sun came up. A container ship was on the horizon. One of the fascinating aspects of Tybee Island is that we can watch the containerships line up for the Port of Savannah.  Those babies are HUGE!

It was nice to be out on the beach that early. I got tons of terrific cloud reference shots. I love my IPone 5 camera.  Golly, remember film?  When you couldn't just shoot unless you had more film?

I enjoyed taking a loose "wet in wet" approach to this image, again using my rough paper journal. Since I am using pan watercolors it is really challenging to get dark colors but I am enjoying the freedom to just throw color around.  I do miss my oils & look forward to getting back in the studio this Sunday.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!