Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ohio River Dawn

January 28

Another 4x6 today but NOT a dog face or sunset-by-the-sea.  Rather it is a painting of dawn over the Ohio River near Cincinnati, OH.  My friend Kay Hurley (http://www.mkatherinehurley.com/) posted this view taken near her home in Hyde Park, a suburb of Cincinnati.  I am grateful for her inspiration.  Winter trees are always a challenge because their branches are so fine against the sky.

1/28/13 "Ohio River Dawn", 4x6, oil on canvas panel


Inspirational photo by Kay Hurley

Artists interpret what we see, rather than duplicate it. I had a teacher once who said, "God already got it right, all you can do is put your spin on what you see."

How very true.


I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!