Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Florida Dreaming

January 14
It seems like I am surrounded by people heading or IN Florida at the moment. Part of me really HATES them!  Not really, just jealous.  In an ideal world I would flee the Midwest by January 5 & return in early March.  We have been confused this year by 70 degree weather in January but that isn't much compensation. My daffodils are frozen again, foolish things...

So my friends have been posting wonderful photos of their vacation on Facebook.  I decided to use one of them for inspiration for this pastel:

1/14/13 "Florida Dreaming"  14x11, pastel on paper

This image is a bit dark.  I'm going to have to re-shoot most of my 30 in 30 images with good lighting & a better camera.  I've been taking these images with my Ipad.  Not a bad camera, but awkward to use at times.  I may add some birds to this before framing it.  It's not a beach scene without birds. Don't you love pelicans?  They remind me of pterodactyls as they cruise silently over the water...

Morning Pages are going well.  Amazing what you can create when you clear the crap out of your head each morning.  I am really getting addicted to having a green smoothie each afternoon.  Its a great way to get a ton of veggies and helps me not disappear into a nap around 4 pm.  Love my VitaMix!

Thanks for the kind comments on my previous posts.  Feel free to subscribe & explore the other tabs of this blog.  

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!