Sunday, January 13, 2013

Flowers for Vincent

1/11/13  "For Vincent", 5x7 oil on panel

Saturday I got into the studio and worked on a textured canvas covered panel (as compared to the smooth gesso panels I have been using.  It is actually recycled from an earlier painting.  I had covered the surface with a dark Indian red several months ago.  You can see it peeping out around the flowers.

I love sunflowers!  They just make me happy.  I had a great deal of fun "carving" into the surface of the wet paint.  It's fun to loosen up and toss the paint around.  Sunflowers also remind me of Vincent Van Gogh.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!