Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Yawn

January 19

I'm updating a bit late today.  Actually I paint and upload and get a bit confused as to which day is which!  I am keeping up (barely!)

1/19/13 "The Yawn", 8x8,oil on gessoboard

Ivy is another Havanese.  I sure do love painting fluffy dogs! I find it a challenge to see how many colors I can use to portray a white dog.  Here's the first (dark, transparent) layer of this painting:


I am really enjoying this method of painting.  I am also enjoying smooshing around with oils again after taking a watercolor & pastel break.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!