Saturday, January 26, 2013

Purple Sands

January 25

Back in the studio today working with oils.  Feeling a bit puny so I decided to do another sunset rather than a pet portrait.  Less concentration needed.  I am having fun working in this 6x4 format.  Makes finding frames oh so much easier!

1/25/13 "Purple Sands", 6x4, oil on canvas panel
SOLD!

I think I have created a series called "St. Somewhere".  Or as Jimmy Buffet would say "I wish that I wuz anywhere other than here..."

I received my "Cowboy photo studio" from amazon 

so now I can start getting good shots of my 30 in 30 paintings.  My Ipad does well enough but I want to do better.  I'd like to have the capacity to offer prints of my work & in order to do so I need good, non glare, color accurate shots.  I am tap dancing at the edge of my techno capabilities as it is...


I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can



2 comments:

  1. Great colors and beautiful scene. I can see why it sold.
    Good luck with the photography. Follow up with comments please when you have taken some shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Yes, taking photos is proving to be far more complex than I had imagined. The table top studio did not have instructions. (They must think its obvious.) We shall see...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!