Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gulls over St. Somewhere

January 26

Made it back into the studio today.  Since I continue to feel a bit puny I decided to do another sunrise/sunset rather than go for a dog likeness.  Hopefully this cough will go away enough so that I feel up to the challenge soon.  I have a backlog of cute puppies to paint!

1/26/13  "Gulls over St. Somewhere", 6x4, oil on canvas panel

Rather than go all OCD over the dune fence I simply used my trusty "WIPEOUT" tool to scrape the fencing in.  That way it doesn't compete with the sunrise.

This 30 paintings in 30 days challenge has shown me that YES, I CAN paint every day.  No matter the excuses. I can find something in this beautiful world to paint.  I have enough reference images on my Ipad to keep me busy for years to come.

I am feeling the urge to move back into larger paintings again.  Perhaps that will be the February challenge for me.  We will be posting our work each weekend at http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/ instead of daily.

I am humbled to be dealing with flu like symptoms myself.  I am a wellness coach. I market a wonderful supplement called ASEA that generally keeps me in tip top shape.  I can only imagine how sick I might be at the moment without it.  Rob brought something nasty back from his trip to England earlier in January.  It took me a week to manifest symptoms.  I am taking good care, drinking lots of liquids.  Unfortunately the LazyBoy recliner that I would usually choose to sleep in when having a cough is in the garage due to our construction project(s).  I think today I will work to get it into the bedroom for tonight.  Just can't seem to sleep flat without coughing. *sigh*


I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!