Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sunset Beach

January 22

You may have noticed that I post a day late. That's because the image I upload to lesliesaeta.blogspot.com is from the day before.  I am working a day ahead. Tomorrow I post the painting I did today, so I can post it early in the day.  Unfortunately I am updating this blog after 8 pm, so it is 12 hrs behind Leslie's. Oh well.  We have been having extensive work done on our home & I was a bit more distracted today...

I was inspired by a sunset photo posted on FaceBook to paint this little 6x4 work:

1/22/13 "Sunset Beach", 6x4, oil on canvas panel

Just like "Winter Moon", this panel had an undercoat of dark Indian Red that was totally dry.  I think it peeps through nicely in the sunset.  I continue to dream of Florida & points south as we experience temperatures more "January-like" for Cincinnati (10 degrees today).

Painting every day is helping me fight off my winter blahs.  Not as well as a pina colada in Belize would, but ya do what you can do, right?


I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!