Friday, January 25, 2013

Pelicans @ Sunset

January 24, 2013

Today I got caught up in shopping since snow is predicted.  Had a dental appointment, went to the pool for exercise (this twice a week occurrence keeps my body flexible - very important at my age and part of my getting back into shape goals.) Lots of reasons to delay painting.

Also our contractor continued on his quest to locate all of the water damage.  To our chagrin once he removed a portion of our basement wall he discovered that YES there has been a leak for probably 30 years and YES the damage was about the worst he had ever seen with crumbling wall studs and particle board.  Luckily the mold impact is minimal.  Amazing what the former owners could hide under paint and drywall.  *sigh* unfortunately our home owners warrantee ran out last June.  The important thing is we found the damage & are fixing it, before our fireplace fell into the basement...

I didn't settle down to paint until around 8 pm.

1/24/13  "Pelicans @ Sunset", 5x5 watercolor on paper

My niece had uploaded this photo to Facebook recently:

It gave me the reference for the bird shapes.  Much better than making up "M" and "V" birds.  Another friend uploaded this photo:


I combined the two images to create my watercolor.  As an artist, you can get inspiration anywhere. Not to COPY photographs, but to catch the feeling of time & place in paint.  In this dark night, I was dreaming of the beach yet again...

And now it is snowing.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!