Thursday, January 31, 2013

TA DA! 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge complete!

January 31

I am so amazed that I managed to keep up this commitment. I tend to start things with great enthusiasm but lose focus easily.  Since we were posting our images daily on lesliesaeta.blogspot.com it gave me a goal that was short term enough to work.  My intention for this challenge was to loosen up my painting style and step away from "total slavery to reality."  Don't worry if you don't get the concept.  I really admire the Impressionists and expressive artists that sling paint around with abandon.  In the past I tended to dab-dab-dab with my brush and use tiny piles of paint.  I enjoyed this foray into smaller works as well.  The largest image I painted was 11x4.  Most were 4x6 or 5x5.  Too small to be scary, right?

Today's image is a dog that lives with the dog I painted in "Gotta Love Me".  It's a household of fluffy caramel colored dogs.  The reference for this painting had "debil eyes" - when the flash catches dogs pupils and changes them to scary green. So I had to fudge it a bit.

1/31/13 "Liam", 5x5, oil on Gessoboard

I come away from this challenge with 30 pieces of new art. I have a strange appreciation for the oddness of dog noses & tongues.  I feel much more at ease with my art supplies and much more aware of the mind chatter that holds me back.

Years ago my painting motto was "People, places & pets".  Now I think it is "Pets, places & people".  Most of all it is "Paintings that touch your heart."  Thanks for being on the journey with me.

Many of my paintings are for sale.  Please email me with questions.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!