Saturday, January 10, 2015

10 of 30. 1/3 though the month!

Castlefranc Bridge. 6x6" Watercolor
10 of 30

Again I went to my photos from France for inspiration tonight.  We painted this bridge on location in Castlefranc (means "free castle") I was able to catch someone wearing a bright blue shirt gazing at the waters.  Didn't make it into my oil sketch but made it into this watercolor.  It was a beautiful morning to be out painting in France.  We went into town & enjoyed a picnic lunch in a wonderful community garden, then explored a church that had been built in 1465.  Before "Columbus sailed the ocean blue..."  The beauty of this area of France is that it had no strategic importance so was spared both WW1 & WW2. So much stuff is really, really old there.

My oil sketch was way more somber:

Castlefranc, 6x6", oil on panel
It's fun to wallow in summer memories when it's 20 degrees with sleet and ice predicted...

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

Information on my upcoming group show "Inspired by Abroad" can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!