Sunday, January 11, 2015

11 of 30

Shh! It's a Secret!, 8x10", Oil on Panel, private commission
#11 of 30

So here it is - my secret commission for an anniversary gift TODAY!  Hope she likes it. He was happy with it. I am pretty darn happy as well.  I love the moment when the dog's personality emerges from the paint.  Because this is a black dog & black can be such a "dead" color I worked in a lot of other colors. I think this is the best dog nose I have ever painted.  The anatomy of dog noses is really weird (IMHO). It is gratifying to be getting a hang of it.

Here's the magic behind the scenes...



at this point I always think, "Great heavens! What have I done?"






A grand day's work! Since I had this done already I was able to spend this afternoon doing some framing for my upcoming show. The opening is this Friday. See link below. Hope you can come!

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

Information on my upcoming group show "Inspired by Abroad" can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!