Thursday, January 08, 2015

8 of 30

Apples, 6x6" Watercolor
8 of 30
 Today it was very, very cold. We began the day below zero & made it up to 18 degrees. Walking a dog in this weather is very challenging. And yet I managed to get to my swim exercise class and assorted other commitments. Painting at the studio was replaced by packing up a painting to mail and .. and...

So here I am tonight back with my watercolors at home.  I based this painting on a shot I toook looking UP into an apple tree last summer. We have one tree in our neighborhood that the deer love. The owners don't seem to like apples.  It's a good tree.  I just feel uncomfortable harvesting a tree not on my property.  As I said, the deer love the apples, as do the yellow jackets.  The sight reminds me of summer.  and being warm.  I am grateful to be snug & warm at home tonight.

I play with watercolors. These are my travel kits.
I hope that you too are warm & dry tonight!

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

Information on my upcoming group show "Inspired by Abroad" can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!