Monday, January 05, 2015

5 of 30

Belaye Hollyhocks, 7x5", Oil on Panel $75
#5 of 30

Today I spent part of the afternoon at the dentists getting a new crown. Oh joy.  I went to the studio to let the numbing wear off and decided I might as well paint, right? I sure wasn't going to talk to anyone!  I love hollyhocks and they were all over the place in France.  I am a bit frustrated by this painting & will probably do something more with the grassy area.  Flowers are so delicate. I think watercolor works better to portray them but I do want to conquer this challenge!
Transparent underpainting



This grass was way too green...



I thought the ground here looked a bit busy so I greyed it down a bit for the final image.


I plan to plant holly hocks next spring to remind me of my time in France.  And drink wine. and eat fois gras...

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

Information on my upcoming group show can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!