Wednesday, September 06, 2017

6 of 30: Poppies in the Wind

Poppies in the Wind, 6x6" oil on panel. $125
Today I painted POPPIES (Hear the Wicked Witch of the West...) In both France & Italy, my favorite thing to see is a field of poppies.  Whether it is a hillside in Giverny or a pasture in le Marche, Italy, poppies make a fallow field look gorgeous.

Continuing my theme of painting loosely with lots of color I first covered my board with a transparent colorful underpainting & came in with opaque colors at the end.  Since red & green are opposites on the color wheel, they tend to vibrate when placed next to each other or create MUD when mixed together.

My board is being held by a panel holder system created by Leslie Saeta.
Leslie is the genius behind the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.

Transparent underpainting



I am enjoying the challenge of painting every day.  I can find so many reasons NOT to go to the studio, yet really love it once I am there.  Today I am thinking of the people and critters of the Florida Keys.  I hope & pray that the Key Deer survive. I hope someone rescued the 6-toed cats of Key West but don't think the chickens have a chance. Thinking of my cousin, Dave, in Miami who has chosen to stay put. Of my friends Bill & Debbie & Sharon in Venice & Ft. Lauderdale. Of my sister in Ft. Walton Beach. May Hurricane Irma turn right before hitting Florida and pass safely out to sea.  Amen.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!