Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Pet Portrait, 18 of 30

GSD, Pet Portrait, German Shepherd, Police Dog
Retired Police Officer, 10x8" oil on panel. 18 of 30
Today I worked on a pending commission. I have not been able to paint a dog portrait since last June.  I am still grieving having to put my dog down. He was very sick.  Too sick to leave with a pet sitter. It was a hard, hard decision.  He had been my art dog companion for over 10 years.  He's the one who showed me when a portrait was done by barking at it!  So today I finally started working again. It was quite a struggle. I didn't take any "in process" shot because this painting had a long case of the UGLIES.  I like it now. Once the eyes start looking at me I feel much better about the project. I have sent it off to the client for suggestions.  This dog is a brindle & the coloring was quite challenging.  Fingers crossed...



I like smiling dog faces. This one was fun to draw but really challenging to paint. His collar says "SHERIFF".

I have one more commission pending. This challenge is giving me the perfect opportunity to complete it so I can get on to some other paintings I am dying to do.  I am producing a 2018 calendar and still need to paint that December Holiday painting...

I am grateful for the blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!