Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Findlay Market, 20 of 20


Urban watercolor sketch by Marion Corbin Mayer
Findlay Market Cincinnati, 6x8" watercolor sketch. 20 of 30
Today I met some neighbors for lunch at Findlay Market, a permanent farmers market in downtown Cincinnati. It was a beautiful day and I arrived early for lunch in order t engage in some "Urban Sketching", The art of capturing spaces in urban environments. It has become a great way for my to capture my travels without stressing out about exact colors and perspective.

I sat under the canopy at Pho Lang Thang and captured the stalls across the street as they were being set up. I have yet to attempt people in public. Stay tuned...




The servers were fascinated by my set up. They had never seen watercolor brushes that had actual water in them. It was pretty funny.  By the time my friends joined me I was done for the day. We had a nice lunch then explored the Market.

my lunch started with a fried port springroll, then a bowl or pho (fuh)

Jean-Robert's French Crust Cafe in it's new digs near the market

I couldn't resist dessert to go!

Market Wines had a creative paint job

The neighboring properties were all decked out in flower boxes.



The nice think about being at the market today was that the weekend crowds were not there. Of course neither were the farmers and a lot of vendors. It is a totally different place Friday-Sunday.  You can also catch the street car there as well.

I am happy to announce that my client like the dog portrait I posted yesterday so I declare it DONE!

I am grateful for the blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!