Saturday, September 16, 2017

Blue Hydrangea, 16 of 30

floral watercolor sketch by Marion Corbin Mayer
Blue Hydrangea, 3x4.5" watercolor, 16 of 30

Got out my travel journal to capture this. I took the reference photo last month at the Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast in Waynesville, NC. It was a lovely place that I highly recommend. 30 minute from Ashville too.

I really enjoyed combining watercolor, ink & watercolor pencils to create this flower.  I like splashing around with interesting color combinations. This image of my iPad skews the color reference but this flower was certainly intense!



Only 14 more paintings to go!

I am grateful for the blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!