Sunday, September 10, 2017

Dreaming of Italy | 9 of 30

Dreaming of Italy, 12x12" oil on panel. $300
Today, as Hurricane Irma pounded Florida, I thought of Italy & our trip there last June.  I couldn't do anything but worry about Florida friends, family & critters so I decided to ponder le Marche and the wonderful people we met there.  To say Italy is beautiful is almost ridiculous simplicity.  Beauty, food, warmth, all wrapped up in incredible scenery.  Now I can't wait to go back.  I spend my time looking for that perfect bowl of tagliatelle.  Sigh.

TRansparent underpainting

Adding opaques colors



I think I may adjust the colors once this dries The background is a bit too intense to portray the distance of those mountains.  The southern alps were really a LONG way away...

I am grateful for the blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!