Thursday, September 21, 2017

Profile Sketch, 21 of 30

Watercolor Sketch
Profile Sketch, 11x8" watercolor. 21 of 30
Happy Fall Equinox. Summer is officially over, although it's going into the 90's this weekend. Once again Nature is saying, "Hold my beer..."

Today's painting was done at the Cincinnati Art Club's Evening Sketchgroup. The model had really interesting hair, grey in the front then black then tinged with deep blue. She was beautiful. I focused on capturing the shadows more than a likeness.

I was quite far from the model


Next time I intend to go darker on the shadow shapes. I tend to be more pastel in watercolors than oils. It's a process. I am using a different paper. Kilimanjaro by Cheap Joes.  It's interesting but I think I like Arches cold pressed better.

I am grateful for the blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!