Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Dreaming of Italy 2, 10 of 30

Dreaming of Italy 2, 12x12" oil on panel, $300
I decided to work further on yesterday's painting instead of starting a new piece.  I felt that the mid ground mountains were took warm/yellow green to sit back far enough in the painting.  One of the tenets of aerial perspective is that as you go back in the picture plane the land becomes bluer due to humidity (unless it is in a desert - then all bets are off.)

original image
  
adjusted image
I am happy with the changes. What do you think? Can you tell what I did?

Happy to report that my friends & family survived mostly unscathed from Irma's flooding and winds. Really grateful for this.  Even the cats at the Hemingway house did well. Some Key Deer have survived. No word from Key Colony Beach as to whether our February rental home is still there.  The middle keys got the full brunt of Irma.  Time will tell...

I am grateful for the blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!