Saturday, September 02, 2017

30 in 30? What the heck!

Cygnus, 12x16, oil on panel, $400


Once again I am choosing to participate in Leslie Saeta's "30 Painting in 30 Days Challenge."  With luck and perseverance I will paint a heckuvalot of painting this month! Here we go!

I completed this painting on September 1 but started it last month at a workshop with artist Jenny Buckner in Waynesville, NC.  Coincidentally the first day of the workshop was the Solar Eclipse and Waynesville was very close to the totality. Of course we had to take a break to view the event:
Eclipse DIVAS!
I enjoyed learning a lot about painting colorful, loose animals from Jenny.  You can finder her on Instagram @paintingsbyjenny

Here are some shots of the process:

First I gridded the image to transfer it to my panel.

Laying in the under painting to establish the value patterns

Starting to add the white layers while keeping it colorful.

this is where I stopped at the workshop

Final image.
Going to painting workshops really stretches my mind and painting brain. I loved getting to know some new paint colors from Charvin as well as new ways to use Radiant Turquoise by Gamblin.  Looking forward to how my work will change this month!

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!