Thursday, September 28, 2017

Belle, 28 0f 30


oil painting, dog portrait, pet memorial, pet portrait in oil
Belle, 8x8" oil. 28 of 30

Today I wrestled with an ewok.  At least this pup stayed very ewok like for most of the day. It was a struggle and the client loves it. Whew!

I paint wet-into-wet, starting with a transparent layer that may or may not reflect the final colors. 

Transparent layer.  Lots of "uglies" goin' on here.


I then start adding the opaque paints. The eyes still look spooky.

It's always better when the eyes start looking right.


oil painting, pet portrait, dog portrait, pet memorial
Belle, 8x8" oil. 28 of 30
As you can see, Belle has her very own leopard print doggie bed upon which to recline. She lives a blessed life. As do we all...

Please mark your calendars and plan to attend the upcoming Essex Studios Art Walks. We are open to the public the first Friday & Saturday (6-10 pm) of October, November & December.  I am in Studio 231. Come on out and explore the diversity of local arts talent available at Essex. 2515 Essex Place, Cincinnati, OH 45206

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today!

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!