Friday, September 22, 2017

Kentucky Glass, 22 of 30

Chihuly Makers Mark glass installation
Kentucky Glass, 9x12 pastel, $175. 22 of 30

Today's painting is a pastel abstraction of one of the Chihuly installations at Makers Mark distillery in Loretto, KY. I wanted to capture the essence of the huge glass piece without getting too realistic.

Inspiration for painting
This installation is HUGE!

abstract start

Developing forms

I use my ipad mini for photo reference.


I added blues & purples and danced the colors around

I really enjoy the "energy" of this piece. Because it is a pastel on sanded paper it will need to be framed behind museum (glare-free) glass. I plan to have it available at the October Art Walk.

I am grateful for the blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!