Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Flock, 9x9" watercolor. 26 of 30

chickens, roosters, Key West chickens, Key West roosters, watercolor
The Flock, 9x9" watercolor. 26 of 30

Today I was working in my studio. I am getting a huge backlog of framing at this pace.  I need to get some of these painting prepped for the October ArtWalk. Others are getting ready to go to new homes.  I prepped a board for a rooster in oils, then decided to paint this small flock of Key West chickens.  These have survived Irma.  They may have been the flock that someone collected, wrapped in newspaper & stacked in the back seat of their SUV. I can only imagine what chicken poop did to that leather interior...

Loose sketch with a gel pen

Original is 12x9" but I plan to matt it in a square.

colorful & juicy, just like I  lwanted...
 I had a blast painting this one, can you tell?

Please mark your calendars and plan to attend the upcoming Essex Studios ArtWalks. We are open to the public the first Friday & Saturday (6-10 pm) of October, November & December.  I am in Studio 231. Come on out and explore the diversity of local arts talent available at Essex. 2515 Essex Place, Cincinnati, OH 45206

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today!

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!